Saturday 4 June 2011

lesson 10- useing the glue gun

Today we are working in the workshop on are designs. Last lesson I was working on the cookie monster, I had  already cut the shape of Layer C which was the cookies and arms. So today I had to work on Layer D. Layer D was the arms. I chose the arms as Layer D so that the cookie monster is holding the cookies. So i cut out Layer D with some sharp scissors. After I cut it out I used the glue gun to stick it on. you had to be very quick to stck it on the timber.

Procedure On aA Glue Gun
  1. Turn on the power switch
  2. Wait till the glue gun warms up
  3. Hold the glue gun in your hand
  4.  Try to squeeze some glue on cardboard tosee if it works
  5. Squeeze only a little  bit of glue on to the layer
  6. Then quickly place it into place 
Tips
  1. Check if the power switch is on 
  2. Test the glue gun before squeezeing on to your design
  3. To know if the glue run out check if the glue stick is half way or full. If ti is full keep glueing. If half way get a new glue stick
  4. REMEMBER TO PLACE THE LAYER QUICKLY INTO PLACE ON YOUR DESIGN

No comments:

Post a Comment